How Important is Cleansing, Really?
Some of us do it religiously; some of us never do it, and some of us rely on the daily shower to do the trick. I’m talking about washing your face. This process may seem pretty rudimentary, but it is in fact the most important part of skin care.
Skipping over a good face cleaning each day can cause build-up in the pores, which often translates to dull skin and breakouts, and typically renders any other products you apply to your face useless.
Unclean cleansing practices
Most of us under cleanse and over moisturize, piling ingredients on the skin. Those of us who do cleanse typically don’t cleanse long enough. Cleansers need to be massaged into the skin giving it a chance to work into the pores and release residue. Similar to that lasagna dish with baked on cheese and sauce, it has to be soaked before that stuff will come off.
I know this sounds like a lot of work, but trust me your face will thank you. Here are a few quick tips for proper cleansing:
- Cleanse daily – keep in mind this is the most important step in skin care
- Apply a small amount of cleanser with moistened hands
- Cover the entire face and neck, and work it into a lather
- Re-wet hands and continue massaging into the skin for 1 to 2 minutes
- Use warm water, a white cotton cloth or gauze to remove cleanser (don’t just splash water on your face)
- Wipe away cleanser with light pressure
- Rinse the cloth and wipe skin again. There shouldn’t be any residue visible on the cloth.
That’s it! Not too bad right?
For more information on cleansers, check out the Blue Agave and Zeo Cleanse.