Essential Final Touches for Good Looking Skin
GQ recently published a post on 12 final touches to keep your style fresh straight into spring. While they’ve got you covered wardrobe wise, we figured we’d complete the ensemble with five final (and simple) touches to keep your skin looking fresh.
We refer to these five steps as the “Skin Laws,” because they are generally universal to all skin types and are key to healthy looking skin. So, here it goes…
- Cleanse– this is the number one thing you can do. Skip this and everything else won’t make an ounce of difference. Look for an active cleanser that uses salicylic and/or lactic acid. If you’re running short on time, opt for quick cleansing pads like Ctrl.Halt.Del.
- Exfoliate– remove dead skin cells and build-up to unmask the healthier looking skin underneath. This step just plain feels good too.
- Tone– this will knock out redness and firm up skin. Tip: it feels pretty good after a morning shave.
- Restore and build– tighten up skin and help create a more smooth texture. This step will also strengthen skin and delay the signs of aging.
- Protect– don’t forget to protect your skin. Most of us fall short in this area, but it’s extremely important. A good defense formula will guard your skin from the sun, toxins and pollutants, and most importantly, will help stave off the signs of aging.
Easy enough, right? Don’t forget to put your best face forward. It is after all a significant part of your style.